Tourist Development Tax
Tourist Development Tax (TDT) is vital to our community. It strengthens our local economy by supporting Palm Beach County's tourism industry. Support includes funding for Palm Beach County tourism promotion, art and cultural events, professional sports facilities and beach restoration. The Sports Commission, Film & Television Commission and cultural non-arts (such as museums, zoos and historical society) also benefit from Tourist Development Tax revenue.
New TDT Improvements Coming in 2018
We are excited to announce our Tourist Development Tax (TDT) process is moving completely online in mid 2018. Our new system will give you the ability to register a property, file your TDT returns, pay TDT taxes and manage your account 24/7 using our convenient Online Payment Center. Important things to note in early 2018:
- If you currently file a TDT return, you will be issued a new account number.
- You must file a return and pay TDT taxes by the 20th of every month.
- Property owners will be required to authorize agents to manage their properties in the new system.
To learn more about this process, please click here.
Until the new system is available, please continue to use these paper forms:
- Tourist Development Tax Registration Form (PDF format) - Please use this form to register up to 7 short term rental properties. Download additional forms as needed.
- Application for Tourist Development Tax Refund (PDF format)
- County of Palm Beach: 2018 Tourist Development Tax Return (PDF format) - Please note this return has been updated to include a TDT account number for each rental property listed.