$3.14 Billion Revenue Collection Begins Early
West Palm Beach, FL - - - Anne M. Gannon, Constitutional Tax Collector, announced that collections for 2014 property tax payments opened early for the 2nd year in a row. Property owners can pay their taxes at www.pbctax.com. The early payment opening extends November’s 4 percent discount by 4 days. The 4 percent discount is also extended to the end of business on December 1 because November 30 deadline falls on a weekend*. Additional early payment discounts are:
- 3% in December
- 2% in January
- 1% in February
Gannon’s office mailed 688,535 tax bills to Palm Beach County property owners. The total billing is $3.14 billion, up $115 million over 2013. The average residential bill is $4,202. The average commercial bill is $25,306. Nearly eighty percent of all payments are received in November.
The agency encourages online payments and inserted ePay information in tax bills. New ePay enhancements include the ability to make multiple payments in one transaction and improved shopping cart navigation features.
The five municipalities with the highest property tax billings are West Palm Beach ($77.2 million), Boca Raton ($67.7 million), Delray Beach ($54.1 million), Palm Beach Gardens ($51.2 million) and Palm Beach ($45.6 million).
Palm Beach County’s top 2014 taxpayers by the amount of taxes billed are:
- Florida Power & Light Company $ 77,409,495
- Town Center at Boca Raton Trust $ 7,506,035
- Bellsouth Telecommunications, Inc. $ 5,858,674
- US Sugar Corporation $ 5,183,276
- Comcast of Florida $ 4,954,703
- Garden Venture LLC (PGA Mall) $ 4,920,364
- Breakers Palm Beach Inc. $ 4,737,357
- Okeelanta Corporation $ 3,621,127
- Panthers BRHC LTD (Boca Resort Hotel & Club) $ 3,494,237
- Hub Properties Trust (Arvida Park, Boca Raton) $ 3,051,610
*Florida Statute extends discount/payment deadlines falling on a Saturday, Sunday or holiday to the next working business day. Payments must be received in our office by 5:00 p.m.
|Contact:||Anne Gannon, Constitutional Tax Collector|