July is here which means it is time to renew your Local Business Tax Receipt. We sent renewal notices to all business owners at the end of June. Avoid the line and pay your Local Business Taxes on our website from July 1 through September 30.
July is also the time for that annual rite of summer – lobster mini season! This year, lobster mini season takes place July 26-27. You must obtain a saltwater fishing license and lobster permit to participate.
Good luck and be safe!
Lobster Mini Season is Almost Here
This year lobster mini season runs from Wednesday, July 26 through Thursday, July 27. Boat density can be up to 900 times that of the regular season. Stay safe and follow these tips to make your lobster mini season a success.
- Make sure you have a lobster permit and a saltwater fishing license. You can obtain these documents online at https://www.pbctax.com/hunting-fishing.
- Never dive alone. Review hand signals prior to descending.
- Plan your dive and dive your plan.
- Don’t let the hunt for lobster distract you from staying safe. Always be aware of your surroundings above and below the water.
- Know your limits:
- Bag limit of six lobsters per person per day for Monroe County and Biscayne National Park. 12 lobsters per person per day for the rest of Florida.
- Carapace must be larger than 3” when measured in the water. Bring a gauge for easy measurement.
- Night diving is prohibited in Monroe County.
For more information about lobster mini season, please visit http://www.pbctax.com/content/lobster-mini-season.
Business Tax Renewals Due
Do you own a business in Palm Beach County? Please keep an eye out for your Local Business Tax Receipt Renewal Notice which is mailed later this month. Local Business Tax Receipts can be renewed July 1 through September 30. You can avoid waiting in line by renewing online.
Follow these 3 easy steps to renew your Local Business Tax Receipt online:
Search By options:
- Business Owner (Enter By: Last Name First Name)
- LBTR Number (Local Business Tax Receipt Number)
- Mailing Address
- Business Address (Business location)
- Business Name/Trade Name (Doing Business As (DBA) name)
When results are returned, click the LBTR number to view and/or pay.
Anne M. Gannon
Constitutional Tax Collector
|Follow @TAXPBC||Follow @TAXPBC|